The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens Workshop Can Help Youth:
• Gain greater control of their lives.• Improve relationships with family and friends.• Increase self confidence and self-esteem.• Make smarter decisions.• Overcome addiction.• Define their values and what matters most to them. • Get more done in less time. • Be happy.• Find balance between school, work, friends, and everything else.
- Habit 1: Be Proactive®Take responsibility for your life.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind®Define your mission and goals in life.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First®
- Prioritize, and do the most important things first.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win® Have an “everyone-can-win” attitude.
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood®
- Listen to people sincerely.
- Habit 6: Synergize® Work together to achieve more.
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw® Renew yourself regularly.
Summer 2012 sessions will be held on the following dates:
LINKS UPDATED 7/7/12
- Entering grades 5-8: July 26, 9:00 – 3:30 pm
- Entering grades 9-12: July 27, 9:00 – 4:00 pm
- Entering grades 8-12 AND participated in last year’s workshop (or completed the book on their own): July 28, 9:30-4:30
All workshops will be held at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 23225 Gill Road, Farmington, MI. It’s between Grand River and Freedom Rd.
The fees including course and material fees are as follows:
- $60 by July 1st * early bird discount
- $65 July 2-July 11 (minimum number of students must be met by this date)
Registration is non-refundable after July 1st.
Once the participant is registered online, please submit payment promptly and mail in the registration form to maintain your placement.
Checks should be made to Farmington PTA Council then mailed to:Farmington PTA Council ATTN: TAL/ 7 Habits 32500 Shiawassee Rd Farmington MI 48336
We also need parent volunteers at the events to help sign students in, set up lunch, etc. Please click on the links to SignupGenius above to sign up for a volunteer spot and give us a heads-up that your student will be attending.
We are seeking sponsors to assist with the cost of the course expenses. Should you need financial assistance to participate please contact Tina Yoder firstname.lastname@example.org.